ESS Candidate Newsletter – JANUARY 2023
Columbus, OH – JANUARY 2023
In this month’s, ask the recruiter, we talk about the hiring process for 2023
Introduction – Aaron Wandtke
Recently Filled Jobs
Ask the Recruiter – “What changes do you see in the hiring process in 2023?”
One of the things we all need to practice more of is gratitude. We thought we would start 2023 with some gratitude and appreciation for everyone we worked with last year. In 2022:
- Thank you for trusting ESS with your career change. As a result of your trust, we helped a record number of people find new jobs.
- Thank you for trusting ESS to find you talent. As a result, we helped a record number of companies hire the best talent
- Thank you for seeking our input and guidance to improve your hiring processes.
Each year, new changes impact what we do. One of our strengths at ESS is reacting and staying ahead of the curve on trends and events impacting our recruiting efforts. As a company, we look forward to helping more individuals and more companies level up in their career and to level up their department and companies.
Happy new year and please let us know what we can do to help you!
Ask the Recruiter – “WHAT CHANGES DO YOU SEE IN THE HIRING PROCESS FOR 2023?”
Each year there are new changes to the hiring process. For example, in 2021 video interviews became commonplace. In 2022, hybrid roles became more common and accepted by both candidates and employers. Below are two changes we believe may happen this year:
- Best offer the first time – employers continue to work towards leading the offer and negotiation process. One of the ways they may do this is by putting their best offer on the table the first time to alleviate the back and forth and to try to complete offers quicker.
- More time in the office – In the fourth quarter, more jobs required time in the office, some even 100%. This will be an interesting trend to follow over the year as this tends to be driven by each company’s leadership team or department head. This requirement may divide the candidate pool as some people simply refuse to go into an office.
We monitor trends all the time because we work with some many different companies within the healthcare niche. As a result, we have best practices that we see work well. If you would like to discuss those and learn how to implement some of these best strategies, please let me know.
If you need help or other ideas about this, please call or email.
I can be reached at 614-885-8490 or by e-mail at email@example.com.