ESS Candidate Newsletter – JULY 2023
Columbus, OH – JULY 2023
In this month’s, ask the recruiter, we talk about changes to the interview process that you should know about.
Introduction – Aaron Wandtke
Recently Filled Jobs
Ask the Recruiter –“I haven’t interviewed in years, what’s changed that I should be aware of?”
We are always researching market intelligence to identify trends and to forecast what may happen. Some interesting news we found from the last 30 days:
- According to Bankrate, one-third of adults are concerned about job security and 88% of those individuals plan to seek high compensation and/or more flexibility.
- Flexjobs found that 42% of adults are considering a job change. Of that 42%, 29% are concerned about being laid off.
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, 3.8 million people resigned from their jobs in the first four months of 2023 – far above the pre-pandemic levels.
It’s an interesting time for both people looking for an opportunity and companies looking for talent. If you need help from either perspective, please let me know.
If you would like to discuss your background or if you are one of those managers looking to upgrade their team, please let me know.
Ask the Recruiter – “I HAVEN’T INTERVIEWED IN YEARS, WHAT’S CHANGED THAT I SHOULD BE AWARE OF?”
Each year there are changes to the hiring process. Over the last ten years there have been a lot of changes that have improved the process. Below is a list of changes:
- Video interviews – These have become common in every process, especially when remote or hybrid work is offered.
- Remote work – This was unheard of even 5 years ago and now is common for certain types of roles.
- Speed – Employers have adjusted and can make hiring decisions much more quickly than before. At ESS, our introduction to hire time frame has dropped by almost 50%.
- Contracts – Non-competes have changed and appears like they may be disappearing completely. Also, employee contracts have all but disappeared except for certain types of roles.
- Results – Companies have shortened the amount of time until they expect results. Many companies have become much more results oriented, which has contributed to turnover.
There will be more subtle adjustments this year and after. The key is to be prepared and informed on how to evolve with the changes. If there is anything I can do to help you in your search or help you recruit for your department, please let me know.
I can be reached at 614-885-8490 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.